Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Motivating my children to learn.

I am always looking for ways to motivate my children in whatever they have an interest in. Possibly, this is because I lack confidence in myself as I was brought up to believe that girls are supposed to grow up, get married and stay home to look after the kids.

My mother would be more willing to spend on educating the males in the family than her female offspring. Whenever I made a request that she did not agree with, her favourite response would be, "If you do not have such a big head, don't wear such a big hat". That was very discouraging, a feeling that I do not want my children to grow up with.

That is why I will do my best to introduce my children learning methods that will help them in improving their skills, thereby, build up their confidence. And most importantly I will teach them to believe in themselves. Here is a little rhyme I taught them when they were younger.

Yes, you can children!

Yes, I can
Yes, I can
I can do better
I feel good, I feel great
I can do better

Daddy is proud
Mummy is happy
As she shows my work around
Everyone's amazed
Everyone's proud
I can do better.

In Mandarin. Maybe you can help me edit it:

Wo zen xin
Wo zen nen
I ken din nen zhou tou
Hen kai xin, hen pan
Wo nen zhou tou
Pa Pa kwong rong
Ma Ma kou xin
Pa wo pen xi chuan
Hou ron you
Zhi tou wo zhen nen

I created it when I told them how I picked up dancing when I was younger through "Accelerated Learning".

No comments: