Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Can I recycle this or not, Mummy?

Every time Callie comes across something interesting she usually checks with me to see if they can be recycled. This time they are party bags she and her brother received from a birthday party they attended.

The party bags are small and very colourful. They can be cut into triangular stripes and rolled up into beads for making costume jewellery. But since they are made of aluminum sheets, I decided to give them a go to see if they work for preserving my vegetables in the fridge, a tip I read in an email. The size is perfect for my cucumber.



After putting the cucumber in one bag, I enclosed the top by placing the second bag over it.



We ate that cucumber the following week. It worked! So the bags stay in my kitchen for now with the rest I have collected.

I wonder what Callie will be showing me next.

No comments: