Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Korean Chillie Sauce

I buy CP Korean Popcorn Chicken whenever there is an offer running for it.  

The popcorn chicken taste good by itself after it has been air fried, which is the way my daughter loves eating it.  I can also use the meat for making sweet and sour chicken.  So what did I do with the packets of chillie sauce that came with them?  I have been saving them in the fridge.  Recently, I discovered that I can add about 2 tablespoon of the chillie sauce to my bell pepper dish to change its flavour.

Since I did not add meat to this batch of bell peppers dish I made, I decided to add the leftover  pan fried pork cutlet from yesterday, by slicing them up.  

Love the way it turned out and brought it to work at eat for lunch.  

I wonder if you have noticed that I have placed the metal container in a plastic container.  I usually store my food in metal containers so that it will be easier to heat it up later over a pot of boiling water.  As the food is still hot, it will be difficult for me to handle the metal container.  So I will use a plactic container as an insulator.  This time I made a wrong judgement and use a plastic container which was too small so I was not able to cover it up tightly.  The sauce spilled into the reusable bag and I have to wash it.

So, remember to always use a plastic container that is larger so that both containers can be closed properly.  

I like the chillie sauce from CP Korean Popcorn Chicken so much that I started looking out for Korean chillie sauce.  If you are doing the same, don't ever buy Spicy Korean Sauce from Lotus's.  It does not taste anywhere near that from CP.

No comments: