Wednesday, May 29, 2024

When to get out

Recently, I came across this question on Quora:

"How do I get my boyfriend to stop blaming everything bad that happens on me? Why does he do this?"

I am a subscriber of Psychology Today and this is what I read from their article, "Why Does Your Narcissistic Partner Always Blame You?":

"People who have narcissistic personality disorder cannot tolerate the idea that they might be to blame, so they accuse someone else instead." 

This is a subject that interest me because I often listen to stories about crimes of passion.  I do not want my children to be stuck in such a relationship and not realise the danger they could put themselves in, being attracted to someone who is narcissistic.

According to Candice DeLong, an acclaimed psychologist and former FBI criminal profiler, narcissists are inveterate liars. They lie not only to others but to themselves. They tend to create a false reality in their lives to cloak their conscience. So, it will not be an easy task for someone to try to "fix them" as they will manipulate people they are involved with into thinking that there is nothing wrong in the relationship.

Due to their insecurity, narcissists will not be happy when their partners are doing well.  Get out of the relationship as:

-they strives on your adoration and will not be happy if you have other interest that does not involves him.
-they are often jealous of your success or ability.
-they often lie to you and will share implausible stories to cover their tracks.

My time spent watching true crime stories has not been in vain as I picked the above information from watching this video about "Narcissist's Obsession".

If you are still wondering whether your partner could be a narcissist, you should check out Danielle Radin on her YouTune channel. She shared top signs that you have a narcissist in your life in the following video:

Watch this video and you will know what your life will be like if you continue to stay in the relationship.

No comments: