Saturday, March 23, 2024

My Fried Rice Paradise

My fried rice can put me in a place of exceptional happiness and delight.  And it is not because mine is better than the one served in restaurants.  I used to pack fried rice for my daughter to eat in school.  I thought nothing about my fried rice till she shared some with her classmate.


I discovered last night that my daughter's friend still enjoy eating my fried rice.  So, I decided that I should teach it.  I hope that I will one day get to eat my daughter's or her friend's fried rice and be able to praise them for their efforts; which will lead this teacher to another of her fried rice paradise realm.


This is another variation of the fried rice with additional ingredients included.


Receiving thumbs up for my fried rice, made me feel that all my efforts to learn how to make it taste better have not been wasted. There is a Chinese idiom, 活到老,学到老”. It means one is never too old to learn. So, no matter your age, you will always be a student, exploring life experiences to learn new things.  I hope that I will always be able to share something useful or interesting or new in my writings. 

For someone who hates to see food wasted, let's start with this suggestion. When you attend wedding dinners, bring home the last dish served which is usually fried rice with sausages. By the time it is served most of the guests at your table will already be too full to eat it.  Moreover, it will be followed by dessert which most would prefer to end the event with. 


When it is time for you to heat it up to eat the next day, add white rice and an egg into it as they tend to be salty.  Use your flair to make it "up to your taste".

No comments: