Saturday, January 22, 2022

Satay My Way

Whatever I cook, I try to do away with some of the steps whenever it is possible to. For satay, it will be attaching the meat to the skewers to grill. I do not use the wooden skewers or grill the meat. I stir fry it like it is shown in this video.


However, I marinate my meat with the following sauces:

-garlic oil
-ginger juice
-soya sauce
-sugar
-cornstarch

For the satay sauce, I mix the following ingredients together:

1) 1 big scoop of crunchy peanut butter
2) 8 Tbsp of canned peaches syrup
3) Sugar
4) Half a lemon squeezed for juice 
5) Lingam Chillie sauce 

I do not add the sliced onion or the peanut sauce to the stir fry either, which I think helps keep the dish moist. I will give it a try the next time I cook it.

Check out how a Westerner cooked Chicken Satay.

Now check out how an Aisan do satay from scratch.

No comments: