Thursday, January 27, 2022

Poon Choi, a One Dish Meal

Poon Choi is a one dish meal that can be served during Chinese New Year. For families who prefer to eat vegetarian food on the first day of the lunar year, this is how it can be prepared

This is a non vegetarian version of Poon Choi.


I discovered that I can also use liquid from canned food to cook it.


I tried making use of the sauce from this can of braised abalone. 


To save time, I used the slow cooker to cook it with mushroom the night before. I added the water I used to soak my mushroom, 2 cloves of garlic and a few pieces of smashed ginger. I also add about a cup of chicken soup to increase the volume. It tasted alright without adding any other ingredients. 

The next day, as I have leftover from this mushroom abalone dish, I added chicken from the soup I cooked and heat it up. It turned out well. 

No comments: