Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce

I watched Michael Smith on Chef At Home created Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce for salad.



I remembered him saying, "Sweet, Sour, Salty and Hot" on the show. What drew me to work on it was one of its ingredients; peanut butter. My kids love it. So, here is my simple version:

Mix the following ingredients together

1) 1 big scoop of crunchy peanut butter
2) 8 Tbsp of canned peaches syrup (Calvin loves it)
3) Sugar
4) Half a lemon squeezed for juice (that's I have in the fridge)
5) Lingam Chillie sauce (we all love that)

Love the way it turned out. Taste a little like satay sauce.

Since Calvin is just recovering from a sore throat, I did another version which is salty and less piquant.

To the above, add

1) garlic oil
2) soya sauce
3) canned peach syrup

Salad Ingredients
1) Cucumber shredded
2) Onion sliced thinly
3) Peaches cut into cubes (optional to add colour)

To serve, mix salad ingredients together and drip the sauce over mixture.



I decided to steam a plate of fried bean curd to go with the sauce.



If you want to cook without a recipe, check out Michael Smith's tips for inspiration.

No comments: