Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fast food? Can't beat them? Join them!

I love my children and I hate it when I have to object to the kind of stuff they love to eat. And, that is, if it is not instant then its deep fried meals that they are always on the look out for at fast food chains.

I managed to work out an idea for their love of instant noodle with leftover sauce but with deep fried food, it is more difficult.

Since they love eating fried food, I decided to use this method to cook stuff they do not like to eat or are bore of eating in its usual manner. Here are a list of stuff I have tried that the children love to eat:


1) Bitter gourd marinate with magic sauce before dipping it in tempura flour batter to deep fry.

2) French toast with leftover bread fried in batter of plain four, rice flour and an egg with salt and sugar to taste. Use a ratio of 1:2 for flour, that is, 1 Tbsp rice flour to 2 Tbsp plain flour.



Any leftover batter can be used to fry pan cake.



3) Pan fried potato toast. I meshed potato from a soup I have boiled for the day. Mixed that with batter for making French Toast. Add sugar and salt to taste and more rice and plain flour, at ratio of 1:2, if the mixture will not hold together for frying. Cut the bread into quarters (half and half again) and spread that on bread on one side and pan fry the potato spread side first.



If you have more bread to fry and the potato batter is low, just prepare more batter with just rice flour and plain flour at ratio of 1:2 and add to it. Dip the cut bread into the batter and deep fry it.



Any leftover batter can be used to fry pancake.



Like the leftover potato recipes? I have more ways with that. Watch out for it in my next posting.

No comments: