Sunday, May 27, 2018

Recipe Print Out Size

My children enjoy eating French toast.  I usually make them when I have access bread to clear.

I do not want my children to be intimidated by the number of ingredients in a recipe so, I prepare it in table form by indicating how they are used in each step.  That way, they will be put off to learn to cook the dish with 6 or more ingredients.



I got inspired by a fan of Foodnetwork Channel, "Good Eats", who use this format to record recipes he collected.

I created the table on an A5 size paper and will print it out in landscape format.  The font I used is Calibri size 8.  That means that even if I fold the envelope size I used in half, I should not have any problem storing them inside neatly.


On the folder, I wonder what symbols I can use to indicate what the meal is for.  That is if this recipe is to be cooked for breakfast or for lunch or for dinner.

I will also create folders with the days indicated so that if they plan to cook for a week, they can slip the recipe into the folder of the day they would like to cook the dish.  When they need to shop for ingredients, they can just take out the weekly folders.




No comments: