Monday, February 19, 2024

Shepherd’s Pie

Recently, I came across a video on Pinterest on how to cook Shepherd’s Pie by Lil’ Luna.  It has been a while since I cooked it and her video inspired me to make it again.  

There are 26 ingredients used in her Shepherd’s Pie.  As I do not cook Western dishes often, I have to modify the recipe because I am not willing to buy ingredients that I may only use once in the recipe.  I found another video on YouTube that is similar to the way it is made on Lil’ Luna. However, in this video the onion and carrot are saute first before the meat is added to cook, which is the way I prefer to prepare the filling.


Since I need meshed potatoes, I decided to make it when I boiled ABC soup.  Check out how I made my Shepherd’s Pie with only 17 ingredients. You can see clearly, the adaptations I have made to the recipe in this chart I have created:


I made a discovery on Pinterest that I can use the press we have at home to make it easier to mesh up the cooked potatoes.






No comments: