Wednesday, September 21, 2022

I save soiled tissues. Don't you?

I usually keep my store bought buns and homemade bread in the fridge. 

I can easily heat them up in my airfryer when we want to eat it. 

Are you aware that you should place a piece of tissue or kitchen towel on the plate in which you will be serving your heated bread, pastries or pizza? If you don't place a piece of tissue or kitchen towel under your heated food, vapours will form on the plate which will make your food soggy. Most of the time, the tissue used is still good enough to be reuse. So, I have been saving them in a plastic container after making sure that all crumbs sticking to it have been removed.  I started this habit after discovering Vinda kitchen towel. The paper is so thick that it is such a waste to discard if it can still be re-use.

When I need to clean my stove after cooking, I will use these tissues instead of a cloth. Though soiled, they are still good for absorbing oils and any drips on the stove. In doing that, I now no longer have to wash my table cloth as often. 

In the long run, that saves me time and water as I can just discard the tissue or kitchen towel once I am done with them. 

You can also consider keeping your used tissue or kitchen towel if you have only used it:

-to wipe your hands dry
-to wipe your mouth
-to dry up containers, pots or pans

It is best to save your soiled tissue or kitchen towel in an airtight container. That will prevent any ants from getting to them if there are still crumbs or residue from food left that you have missed removing.

Here is another good reason for you to save soiled tissue or kitchen towel. It is also handy for wiping off sauce and stains on your table before you wipe it with your table cloth.


I would have had a hard time washing such stains off my table cloth if I had not use a piece of tissue first.


I also re-use soiled tissues to wipe sauces and residues off my plates, containers, pots and pans before I wash them.  


By doing that, I can save the water for rinsing them for other purposes. I will share how I store and re-use such water in my next posting.


No comments: